- Your reports are populating with information! Check out the COGs report and Purchases by item
- You can export your invoices to your accounting software and save a LOT of time!
- USA only: You can pay your suppliers directly from MarketMan - via ACH / e-check
Each step below is hyperlinked with corresponding articles to help you along the way. If you need anything at all please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Set up your accounting software
If you are part of a multi-location chain with HQ you can do this in two ways, depends on the way your accounting is set.
- If you're using one account for all locations - set this in the HQ
- If every location (or some locations) have a separate accounting software, you'll need to set this up for each location separately.
- The very first step is to get your accounting software all set up!
You can use MarketMan with any accounting software by using Generic Accounting, but we do also sync with specific ones which you can find here.
the setup allows you to map all of your items to the supplier and expense account they belong to. You can also set up a QB class if you have a Quickbooks account that's using this feature.
Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Desktop, and Xero are our most popular export destinations!
- The most important things to set up are:
Suppliers: Make sure to add in a default expense account and a credit account.
Categories: Map categories to expense accounts for best results.
You can also map specific inventory items to expense account but it's not recommended as it will be much harder to maintain for the long run.
2. Export Invoices
Being able to export invoices and better manage the accounting side of MarketMan will save you so much time, money, and energy!
Super important to make sure you complete step 1 -2 before you start to export invoices:
- Credit reminders should be applied to the invoice they are relevant to. Negative invoices won't be pushed to accounting!
- Check out new items added through invoice scanning! You'll want to make sure to add a category, so the items will be routed to the proper expense account when you export.
We suggest checking out the new items and then exporting invoices every few days! This way you don't ever get behind.
- Once you are ready, go to "Accounting" > "Invoices", and select the invoices you're looking to export by checking the box next to them.
- Then click on "Actions" > "Export to ___" - this would say the export format based on your choice.
- COMMISSARY ONLY:
If you want to export the delivery notes you create to act as sales you can do so as well!
3. Update Irregular Prices
- This is something either the finance team or management team takes care of typically. It should be handled by someone who's in charge or prices and responsible to ask for credits when needed.
We suggest taking a look at this every few days and especially before you run reports!
- This report will show you all the prices that have changed from invoices- make sure to update or reject as needed! Remember you can do that one by one or in bulk
4. Inventory count value
Lots of finance and accounting teams love the inventory count value report as it shows the value of the inventory counts! You can even export this and upload it to your accounting software if you choose