The following guide will walk you through all day to day usage of MarketMan! If you haven't set up your account yet, check out our setup guide here first!
Each step below is hyperlinked with corresponding articles to help you along the way. We also included videos at the bottom for everything! If you need anything at all please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Inventory counts
- Before you even start taking counts, we suggest making sure your items have categories and storage areas set up.
- Once you have that, re-organize your storage areas shelf to sheet! This will drastically improve the ease and time it takes to do counts.
- As you are counting just go down the list and type in how much you have of your items! If you are out of an item, make sure to type in 0. If you aren't counting paper goods that day (maybe this is your weekly count and you only count paper goods monthly), just leave it blank.
- Keep in mind to make sure you have good service (either data or wifi) before you save your count! If you are in an area with limited service, just return to wifi/data before saving.
- If you want to export the count to excel, you can print it out. You can also fill in the excel and then import it!
- Before you start with ordering, make sure your suppliers are all set up!
Placing orders can be done on a phone, computer, or tablet. Just add the items to your cart, choose when you want the order to be delivered, add in any comments, and press send! You can also fill to par as well which makes the process super easy. MarketMan takes at how much you have on hand, compares that to your par level, and drafts up an order for you.
Order history is where you'll view all the orders you've placed. This is also where you can check out the status tab to see if your supplier viewed the order yet!
Once you've received an order, you can find it in Accounting, Invoices.
Logging waste can be done on the phone, computer or tablet. This is essential for reports to be accurate! Make sure to choose a description of why you are wasting these items, so you can analyze the waste report to see the trends in your waste.
4. Transfers (multi-unit only)
- If you have multiple stores, you can use transfers to make sure inventory levels are always accurate between the stores. You can either send transfers (also available on the app!) or request a transfer (which is like placing an internal order).
- Make sure the location that received the transfer in real life receives it in MarketMan! The inventory level and reports in MarketMan will be updated only after both parties approve the transfer.
5. Connecting your POS
- If your POS is Square, you can connect your POS all on your own! Otherwise, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com to get started with this. You can check out the POS systems that we integrate with as well.
- Once your POS is connected, all the menu items and sales will flow in automatically! If we don't sync with your POS not to worry you can upload your sales.
Following these steps will provide you with reports to analyze your information and with the accounting advantages that will help you save lots of time!
Read more about the accounting options and the short series How to save money with MarketMan.
If you need any help at all with any of the steps above, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org