What are delivery notes?
MarketMan Commissary allows you to create delivery notes for your customers/locations orders.
those delivery notes can be easily printed and exported to your accounting software.
HOW TO EDIT A DELIVERY NOTE - Step by Step
You can edit your delivery notes anytime, before you export them to your accounting software.
- Go to "Order fulfillment" > "Delivery notes"
Here's you'll see a list of your existing delivery notes. You can sort this list by status:
- Click on the delivery note number to open the note details.
You can change the quantities as needed, or add new items by searching on the bottom:
- Don't forget to hit "save"! If you don't re-save your note, it will stay as a draft!
HOW TO EXPORT DELIVERY NOTES TO ACCOUNTING - Step by Step!
- You must connect your accounting software to MarketMan first!
If you're using Xero - we created an article just for you! check it out.
- Make sure there is a customer in your accounting software with the exact same name as it appears in MarketMan.
a. it is important that you add each customer to the chart of accounts as well as an income account within your accounting software.
- Once connected, before exporting we need to set up the customers. This is a one-time setup.
Go to "Customers" > "Customers", and click on the customer name.
- Scroll down to the accounting part, under "accounting name" you should enter the revenue account name from your accounting software.
a. This will be the display name of your income account, expense account, or credit account as it appears for your customer in your accounting software
Depending on your system you will either enter it manually (best would be to copy&paste from the accounting software) or select it from a drop-down list.
Do this for all of your customers!
- Go to "Order fulfillment" > "Delivery notes" and select the delivery notes you want to export.
You can use the search boxes and filtering options with the select all button on the top left to do it in a few clicks!
Then click on "Actions" > "Export to Accounting"
After exporting, the most-right column "export to accounting" status will change to Yes!
This will also prevent you from exporting the same delivery note twice.
Mastering Delivery Notes - Adding shipping fees
If you're charging shipping fees, there's a simple way to add them automatically to every delivery note!
Go to "Settings" > "Company"
On the right column, you can edit the shipping cost!
This is also where you can set a minimum for orders if needed.