What are commissary customers?
In short, customers are your buyers. Every customer can be assigned an assortment, price list, rep, and delivery rules of its own. This allows you to control the items, prices, and availability in one place, for as many customers as you have!
Every customer gets the MarketMan app for ordering just from you. Talk to us about white-labeling options - you could make it your OWN app!
HOW TO ADD A CUSTOMER WITH FULL MARKETMAN ACCOUNT - Step by Step
- Go to"Settings" > "Company"
Copy the name you see on the top left.
- Send this name to your customers and ask them to add this name as a supplier.
They'll have to select the name from the suggested drop-down.
- Once selected, they'll be able to see their name appear under "Customers" > "Customers".
You don't need to add any users for these customers - they have full control over that!
- Click on the customer name and make sure you're selecting:
- Sales rep
- Price Level
- Delivery rules
If you don't set one of those- your customer will not be able to see your catalog and/or place an order until you set this up fully.
HOW TO ADD A CUSTOMER FOR ANORDERING APP - Step by Step
- Go to "Customers" > "Customers"
Then click on "Add a customer" on the top right corner.
- Start filling out the customer's name (that's the restaurant name) and number- if you have any assigned to identify your customers.
Then add contact details - Mobile number, email, first and last name-
The Mobile number will be used as the username for your customer login, as well as a contact number for ordering alerts - so make sure it's correct!
- If you have a minimum $$ threshold for deliveries, you can set this up for the customer right here.
- Select Sales Rep from the drop-down.
If you haven't set one yet - head to the company settings to create the first! - This determines how you'll get the orders (email, text or both)
- Select delivery rules - This will control the available delivery days for this customer.
If you haven't yet- head to "Settings" > "delivery rules" to create the first one.
- Then you should add the delivery details: address, store number and tax ID
Those will appear on your delivery notes, to help with distribution and accounting later on!
- SUPER IMPORTANT:
Make sure you tick the "Allow sending orders"
- Hit "Save", then click on the SAME customer again - Now that it's created, we should add the price level and assortment details!
Those fields will show up right on top "Delivery rules":
Additional Customer Pricing
$19 per customers up to 10
$15 per customers up to 25
$649 monthly for unlimited customers (Including the commissary subscription)
Customer Users and login
- Once a new customer is created, an auto-user is created for them, using the phone number on file.
If the phone number already exists as a username, MarketMan will automatically add a number at the end.
- Click on the customer name and scroll down to the users part, to see the user that was created.
You can also click on the sharing arrow icon to send this user a text message with a link to download the app.
Mastering Customers - Setting customers for accounting export
By using MarketMan for your CPK/commissary ordering, you can save time on exporting to accounting.
You can easily setup the accounting connection and customer settings to allow this export.
If you're using Xero, we made a special article for you!
If you're using any other software, here's what you should do.