What is it doing?
The actual VS theoretical report is taking into account EVERYTHING you do in MarketMan:
- Your invoices
- Your counts (you must have at least 2 counts to run this report)
- Your waste events
- Your production events
- Your recipes
- Your sales
This, of course, leaves some room for human error;
A count that was entered incorrectly, a missing invoice, a recipe that's not accurate (or been updated in real life but not yet in MarketMan)
Analyzing your numbers
There are 6 primary causes for Variance between your actual and theoretical usage:
1. Waste - Make sure to log any unused or expired product!
2. Portioning - Either too much or too little. Are your recipes accurately representing the portions chefs create for each dish?
3. Unrecorded Sales - All food should be rung into the POS even employee meals!
4. Receiving Error - Are all invoices scanned and correct, all transfers logged?
5. On-Hand Inventory Errors - It's important to have a regular schedule when counting inventory to avoid mistakes
6. Theft - Unfortunately theft happens, and if all the above numbers prove to be accurate, theft may be the answer.
HOW TO - Step by Step
This sheet is like a map, where you can find lots of different problems/situations at the top/sides and then solutions at the bottom!>> Click the chart to enlarge: