What is it doing?
Connecting Quickbooks Online with MarketMan will allow you to send invoices from MarketMan to Quickbooks in a click! The Quickbooks Online integration also supports very easy setup- you'll have all of your suppliers and expense accounts info from Quickbooks available in MarketMan!
Why should I use it?
Save lots of time by utilizing this one-click-done system.
HOW TO - Setup / Step by Step
- Go to "Settings" > "Company information"
- On the right side under "Accounting", select "Quickbooks Online" from the drop-down list,
Click "Save" first and wait for the confirmation,
Then click on "Connect to QuickBooks":
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add MarketMan
- When you get redirected back to MarketMan - click on the "refresh" icon next to Quickbooks:
- Log out and log back in to continue with the setup
Now that we told MarketMan which type of export to use,
It's time to specify where the invoices will go - let's set up the suppliers (so the invoices are directed to the correct supplier / vendor in your accounting software) and the categories (so the expenses show up on the correct part of the PNL, even if you buy alcohol and food on the same invoice!)
- Go to "Suppliers" > "Suppliers"
- Click on a supplier name to open the supplier pop-up and scroll down to the "accounting" part
We now see new fields available for credit account, expense account, tax account (and class, if applicable)
- Under "Credit Account" select your supplier name from the dropdown. This will be the vendor name in Quickbooks Online. You can also search for the name using the open search.
- In the "Default expense account" we'll select the expense account for the majority of your items from this supplier (in case there's more than one)
Don't worry- we're going to control everything a lot closer with the categories mapping, on the next step!
- If you're being charged any tax by this supplier, add the tax account we should post the tax into.
If you're using classes - enter the class here as well.
- Go to "Suppliers" > "Categories" and click on a category name to edit this category.
Select the expense account for this category from the dropdown.
- Don't forget to hit "Save"!
- You can also map the tax you're being charged into a specific tax account.
Learn more about this here
HOW TO - Exporting / Step by Step
- Go to "Accounting" > "Invoices"
- Use the select-all on the top left, or tick the boxes next to the invoices you want to export
- Click on "Actions" > "Export to Quickbooks Online"
Mastering this feature- Setting up accounting for a chain with HQ
If you are part of a multi-location you can do this in two ways, depends on the way your accounting is set.
- If you're using one account for all locations - set this in the HQ
- If every location (or some locations) have a separate accounting software, you'll need to set this up for each location separately.
Extra tips - from the experts!
You can utilize the sorting option on the "Accounting" > "Invoices" screen in order to export quickly.
For example: if you want to use the "select all" but only want to export one specific supplier, or one specific week, you should select that supplier and sort to view only the specific dates you want.
Then use the "select all" on the top left, and export.
2-3 clicks instead of many clicks to select all invoices!