What is it doing?
MarketMan allows you to set 1 UOM for ordering (the "Purchase UOM") and another one for recipes and counts.
Why should I use it?
If you're ordering something by the EA but want to use it by the lb or gal for accurate counting and recipe costing, this is the perfect way for you to set it up!
Important to know!
- Keep in mind that recipes in MarketMan allow you to automatically convert the same 'family'.
So if you buy your product in ml and want to use it in recipes by fl-oz, there's no need to change anything here!
- If you want to count the item the same way you buy it, but want to use it in a different way only in recipes, you should use a sub-recipe for that purpose. Check out this article about it
HOW TO - Step by Step
- Go to "Inventory" > "Inventory items"
Click on the item you want to change and click Advanced item definition
- Then select the UOM you would like to use in reports and recipes
- Once selected, click on the little arrow next to the purchase option, to open the purchase details.
- Then you'll see the edit button to edit the conversion on the right hand side
- Write in the number of fl-oz for the size of the item. In this case we only buy 1 can at a time so it would be for the 1 can. If you bought a case it would be the amount of fl-oz for the whole case!
Don't forget to hit "Save"!
You can now use this item with the new UOM in recipes and counts