What are users?
Every person working with MarketMan should have their own user. All users can see other tasks that were done in the account, so you can work together but still have clarity of who did what
Why should I use it?
- Easily follow up on tasks with the relevant parties
- Control account permissions
for example: who is authorized to delete a count, make a payment, view recipes, etc.
HOW TO - Step by Step
Go to "Settings" > "Manage Users".
To add a new user, click "Add" on the top right.
To edit an existing user, click on the username:
You'll now be able to enter/edit any user details
To delete a user - click "Deactivate user":
Setting users for multiple-location chains (HQ)
- In the HQ -
When you go to "Settings" > "Manage users" - would add users to the HQ itself
For the HQ we have two additional types of users: Chain Manager and Regional Manager.
See below for user permissions breakdown
- To add users for a specific location -
Go to "Settings" > "Buyers"
Then click on "Edit users" next to the name of the location you want to add the user to.
Extra tips - from the experts!
- Most "Employee" type users in MarketMan work solely on the app, completing daily tasks like ordering, scanning, counting and logging waste, for the managers to double-check and run reports.
- Once you're saving a new user that you just added, you'll be able to send them a welcome text message with a link to download the app!
User types and permissions
Manager User default settings (single location):
- Recipe building- ability to add/edit/view cookbook
- Inventory items - ability to add/edit/view
- Inventory counts - ability to add/edit/view
- Suppliers/categories/storage areas - ability to add/delete
- Waste events - ability to add/edit/view
- Production events - ability to add/edit/view
- Ordering - ability to place/edit
- Reporting - ability to view and manipulate all reports
- Invoices - ability to add/scan/delete
- accounting - ability to export
Manager Admin (single location): admin can only be set by your Account Manager
- All manager permissions above
- Set/restrict ordering permissions for other users learn more here
- Set/restrict recipe and cookbook access for users
- Set/restrict payment approval access for users learn more here
Employee User Default settings:
- Only access to individual locations
Recipe building- ability to view recipes/cookbook
Inventory items - ability to view
Inventory counts - ability to add/edit/view
Suppliers/categories/storage areas - ability to add/delete
Waste events - ability to add/edit/view
Production events - ability to add/edit/view
Ordering - ability to place/edit
Reporting - ability to view and manipulate all reports
Invoices - ability to add/scan/delete
accounting - ability to export
Chain Manager (multi-locations):
- All manager permissions above
- HQ access - oversee all activities done on the HQ level
- Ability to add employees and regional managers at all locations
- View-only access to the HQ
Additional permissions: These can only be set by your MarketMan Account Manager:
- Delete inventory counts
- Add admin user
- Unlock documents
- Change unit of measurements
- Override merging