What are sale items?
Sale items are anything that you make available to your customers / locations.
These could be based on inventory items if you're just purchasing them and reselling, or based on a preparation- which is anything you make in-house, including re-packaging or breaking cases.
Why should I use it?
- To build your catalog, you must create your sale items!
Those items will be displayed on your locations / customers catalog
- Easily manage your own production, ordering, and inventory, while simultaneously managing your customers' orders and requests.
HOW TO CREATE A PREPARATION SALE ITEM - Step by Step
- Go to "Inventory" > "Sale item"
Then click on "Add" top right
- Check the box on the preparation button at the very top of the pop-up to start building your recipe.
- Build the recipe - see full instructions here
- Type in the name of our prep
- Add a category
- Set the yield UOM and qty (this is the full batch as you make it)
- Add the ingredients
- Scroll down to the "sale" part and fill out the catalog information: How are you selling this item?
enter the item details just like you would for any inventory item: Name, UOM, product code, tax.
- The price field is automatically filled for you based on the recipe cost.
You can change the price from "cost" to "manual" in order to add a markup.
Don't forget to mark the item "In stock", otherwise locations/customers won't be able to order it!
Extra tips - from the experts!
- You can create a sale item from an existing preparation (or inventory item, of course)
Just go to "Inventory" > "Preparations"
Click on the item you want to add as a sale item, and tick the checkbox next to "Sale" on the top:
- Then add the sale item details as explained above, in the "sale" section that will be added.
- If you added the preparation or sale item by accident, you can delete it just be careful as that removes any historical data and cannot be undone!