What is a catalog?
MarketMan vendor catalog allows you to control the items available for ordering by your customers.
The catalog is the main list of ALL items you're offering for sale (or offered in the past). Off that catalog- you can create different assortments (groups that act as sub-catalogs) and price levels to control the pricing per customer, as needed.
HOW TO CREATE / EDIT A CATALOG ITEM MANUALLY- Step by Step
- Start by creating categories for your items.
Go to "Products" > "Categories", type in the search box the category name,
Then click on "New category" to create it.
- Once you have the categories available, go to "Products" > "Catalog"
Then click on "Add new product" to add a new one, or click on the item name to edit an existing:
- Start by typing in the details - Name, Product code, List price, and select the category from the drop-down.
- For the item size part, you should add the case full size.
UOM - how you're selling the item (case of 10lb? a 5gal bottle? by the kg?)
UOM qty - How much of that UOM do you have in the inner-pack (or in the case, if no inner pack)
Items per package - How many inner packs do you have in that case?
For example, if you sell flour in a 5kg bag, and you have 4 of those in a case, here's how to set it up:
- On the right column, make sure the item is set "in stock"!
- Select the purchasing policy - if you accept returns for this item, make sure you're selecting "Purchase and return"
- Pricing setup - "Receiving options"
If you're selling this item by weight, make sure to select the second option from the drop-down:
"But in units receive in weight":
Don't forget to hit "save"!
HOW TO UPLOAD CATALOG ITEMS FROM EXCEL - Step by Step!
- Go to Products, Catalog
- Click the graph icon top right next to add a new product
- Select import catalog
- Download the sample file and fill out the columns with the relevant information
- Click choose file, add the file and click import
When it comes to step 4 of filling out the sample file this is the most important step. Make sure to fill out:
- Product Name, Product Code, Category, List Price, UOM, Unit Qty at a minimum
But of course the more information you can add the better!
Mastering Catalog - Images and extra tricks!
- Adding images:
For every item, you could add an image!
You can simply click on "choose file", then "upload image"
Or use the image from link option - copy-paste the image link, then click on "Download from link".
- Allowing items on specific delivery policy only:
Sometimes, you might have some items that will only be available in a specific area / other conditions that may overlap with assortments.
This setup allows you to have 1 assortment for many items, while the shipping policy of some items is specified.
Result: only customers in this delivery policy will have this item in the catalog (given it is also included in their assortment)