What is the Xero integration doing?
Connecting MarketMan with Xero is allowing you to send invoices from MarketMan to Xero in 1 click!
Why should I use it?
Save time on double-entry of invoices.
Our clients are saving a LOT of time by utilizing the accounting options-
Check out some more success stories here!
HOW TO SET IT UP - Step by Step
- Go to "Settings" > "Company information"
- On the right side under "Accounting", select "Quickbooks Online" from the drop-down list,
Click "Save" first and wait for the confirmation,
Then click on "Connect to Xero":
- You'll be prompted by Xero to allow MarketMan access:
Click “Allow access for 30 mins”
Xero only allows access for a controlled period of time, so every time you're exporting invoices, you should repeat this step under "Settings" > "Company".
- Log out and log back in to continue with the setup - this is a one-time thing just for the first setup.
Now that we told MarketMan which type of export to use,
It's time to specify where the invoices will go - let's set up the suppliers (so the invoices are directed to the correct supplier / vendor in your accounting software) and the categories (so the expenses show up on the correct part of the PNL, even if you buy alcohol and food on the same invoice!)
- Go to "Suppliers" > "Suppliers"
- Click on a supplier name to open the supplier pop-up and scroll down to the "accounting" part
We now see new fields available for credit account, expense account, tax account (and class, if applicable)
- Under "Credit Account" select your supplier name from the dropdown. This will be the vendor name in Xero. You can also search for the name using the open search.
- In the "Default expense account" we'll select the expense account for the majority of your items from this supplier (in case there's more than one)
Don't worry- we're going to control everything a lot closer with the categories mapping, on the next step!
- If you're being charged any tax by this supplier, add the tax account we should post the tax into.
If you're using classes - enter the class here as well.
- Go to "Suppliers" > "Categories" and click on a category name to edit this category.
Select the expense account for this category from the dropdown.
- Don't forget to hit "Save"!
- You can also map the tax you're being charged into a specific tax account.
Learn more about this here
HOW TO - Exporting / Step by Step
- Go to "Accounting" > "Invoices"
- Use the select-all on the top left, or tick the boxes next to the invoices you want to export
- Click on "Actions" > "Export to Xero"
- Login to your Xero account and click on "Accounts" > "Purchases"
Then click on "Awaiting approval"
- Click on "Imported invoices" to view the invoices that just arrived from MarketMan.
You'll notice- every expense account on the invoice will show on a separate line with the list of items in each account and the total.
Mastering the Xero integration - Exporting delivery notes (Commissary)
Do you have a commissary account with MarketMan? You can export your delivery notes to Xero in a click as well! Check out this article for the step-by-step on how to do that!
Extra tips - from the experts!
When you add an expense account to Xero you only need to choose expense in account type
MarketMan takes tax directly from Xero
Xero is refreshing the connection every 30 minutes, so if longer than that passed ssince your last export, please refresh the connection again by going to "Settings" > "Company" and clicking on "Connect to Xero".